Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New PC build

The parts for my new PC should be incoming within the next few days, so I thought I'd share what I ordered:

CaseFractal Design Define R3 (Black Pearl) (link). I wanted to like the Titanium Grey variant, but for some reason I just couldn't.
MotherboardMSI P67A-GD53 (B3) (link).
CPUIntel Core i5 2500K (link). Who would buy something different? Except for Benny of course.
CoolerBe Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced (link).
RAMCorsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB (2x2GB) (link). It also comes in blue, which may have blended in with my motherboard better, but it just seemed a little tacky.
GPUMSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (link).
PSUAntec TruePower New TP-650 (link). A nice solid 650W supply. I could have gone for an 850W, but I don't think I'll be straining this one at all.
Hard drive2TB Samsung HD204UI/Z4 Spinpoint F4EG (link). I've found Samsung Spinpoint drives to be very reliable (and quiet).
Optical driveSamsung SH-B123L/RSBP (Blu-Ray) (link).

The total cost was £809.42 after VAT. I set myself a limit of £1000, so I think I did well on part selection. I may end up ordering more RAM (4GB is getting a little tight these days), but other than that I'm quite happy with the selection.


Update:
I have now switched the RAM for the following:

RAMCorsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) (link).

Scan responded admirably quickly to my request (the order was updated within an hour, I'm not sure exactly how long as I forgot to note the time I sent the request).

1 comment:

  1. Nice one :D Sandy Bridge especialy make a big difference :)

    ReplyDelete